My Plantain Truffles
I love the super-soft and overly ripe sweet plantains. I’ve grown up eating plantains in Kerala. It is cooked in a variety of ways but I love to experiment with the food. Hence I came up with this-Plantain truffles with absolutely no chocolate. This is plantains saute’d with very flavorful ghee and cardamom and rolled in toasted coconut. Love the flavor of toasted coconut in this truffle.
Plantains-5 cut into cubes
Jaggery(Indian brown sugar) grated- 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder-1 tbspn
toasted coconut-2 cups
Fresh grated coconut-1/4 cup
1. Heat a non-stick saute pan and add ghee to it. Once hot, add the plantains to it.
2. Saute it till it becomes mushy and becomes almost like a ball in the pan and you’ll see ghee oozing out. If it does not become mushy, gently mash it with a potato masher.
3. Now add in the cardamom powder, the grated jaggery as well as the fresh coconut. Mix well to combine. Once cool, shape into small balls using your two palms.
4. In another pan, toast the grated coconut by sauteing it till red in color and keep aside.
5. Now roll the balls in this toasted coconut flakes and serve.